Selected experts will evaluate project proposals submitted by applicants aiming to develop a cultural or artistic mobility in a different Creative Europe country from where they legally reside.
The experts must fulfil the following requirements to be considered eligible:
- minimum 18 years old
- expertise and professional experience from at least one of the following fields: architecture, cultural heritage, design and fashion design, literary translation, music, performing arts, visual arts
- experience in international cultural exchange and/or mobility projects
- experience in evaluation (if linked to cultural mobility projects, will be considered as an asset)
- legal resident of a Creative Europe country (list of Creative Europe countries: https://culture.ec.europa.eu/resources/creative-europe-desks)
- proficiency in English (level C1), since the evaluation process, training, and correspondence with the team is in English
- flexible and available from November 2023 until June 2024 and from October 2024 until February 2025 during the evaluation periods
- available for a 2-hour training session in October 2023, a 2-hour mid-term meeting and a 2-hour post-evaluation meeting with the Culture Moves Europe team (online)
- willing to participate in jury meetings in single cases if necessary (online)
Those interested in applying must provide a short CV and a declaration of honour through the online application form (link below). We will request a declaration of confidentiality from experts who were selected when signing the contract.
Please note that evaluators will not be able to apply for the Culture Moves Europe grant.
Offer and Remuneration
The Culture Move Europe mobility scheme offers the following:
A fee of €12 per application evaluated, including all incurred costs. This fee paid per evaluated application is the net amount for the evaluator, as the Goethe-Institut e.V. applies the reverse charge approach. This means that value added tax (VAT) will be paid in Germany, according to the German law, for your service.
If you legally reside in the European Union, you can refer to the VAT number of the Goethe-Institut e.V. to ensure you don’t pay VAT twice.
If you legally reside outside the European Union, your VAT situation could differ. If you are obliged to pay further VAT due to the local restrictions and law for your country of legal residence, you may have to cover the additional cost. The Goethe-Institut e.V. will pay €12 including VAT. In these cases, the €12 will exceptionally be considered as the gross amount. Participation in a training session to be fully aware of the evaluation methodology and criteria.
How to apply
- Create an account on the Goethe Application Portal
- Apply through the corresponding call ‘Culture Moves Europe - Call for experts - Individual Mobility Action’ under the menu ‘Culture Moves Europe’.
Deadline for applying
31 August 2023 (23:59 Central European Summer Time).
About Culture Moves Europe
Culture Moves Europe is the permanent mobility scheme funded by the Creative Europe programme of the European Union and implemented by the Goethe-Institut.