Culture Moves Europe is a scheme that supports the mobility of artists, creators and cultural professionals. It is part of Creative Europe’s Culture strand.
Supporting international mobility
Culture Moves Europe connects artists, creators, and cultural professionals from the countries participating in the Creative Europe programme. The mobility scheme is particularly focused on emerging artists.
The scheme builds on the outcomes of I-Portunus pilot phase, that preceded Culture Moves Europe from 2018 to 2022. You can find detailed information and testimonials from beneficiaries of I-Portunus.
Culture Moves Europe has a budget of €21 million between 2022 and 2025. This allows around 7 000 artists, creators, and cultural professionals to
- go abroad for professional development or international collaborations
- present their works to new audiences
Types of grant
1. Individual mobilities action
For individual artists and cultural professionals travelling between 7 and 60 days or groups of individuals (up to 5 persons travelling between 7 and 21 days).
Rolling calls for all sectors at once will be open every year between autumn and spring.
2. Residencies action
- short term residencies from 1 to 3 months
- long term residencies from 3 to 6 months
- extended residencies up to 10 months
Calls for each sector will be open twice during the duration of the scheme.
Who can apply
The scheme is open for
- artists, creators, and cultural professionals working in any cultural sector except the audio-visual sector
- organisations working in any cultural sectors except the audio-visual, regularly organising residencies or other types of place-bound cultural projects and are interested in hosting artists and cultural professionals.
Learn more about Culture Moves Europe and the application process
A 'Frequently Asked Questions' section will be available soon.