The organisers of the European Union Prize for Literature, co-financed by the Creative Europe Programme, have published the list of the nominees for the 2022 edition. The 14 authors were nominated by national institutions from the 14 countries participating in this year edition.
Ukraine among the 14 participating countries
Under the current circumstances the European Commission and the Creative Europe Programme are particularly pleased that Ukraine, a full member of the Creative Europe programme, is among the 14 countries participating in this year’s edition of the prize.
The Creative Europe programme warmly thanks and supports the Ukrainian Book Institute which has nominated Eugenia Kuznetsova as the best emerging fiction voice in the country. The programme is in full solidarity with the Ukrainian artists and cultural organisations.
These are the nominees for the 2022 edition
The nominees for the 2022 European Union prize for literature are :
- Austria: Peter Karoshi, Zu den Elefanten (The elephants), Publisher: Leykam Verlag
- Bosnia and Herzegovina: Slađana Nina Perković, U Jarku (In the ditch), Publisher: Imprimatur
- Belgium: Gaea Schoeters, Trofee (Trophy), Publisher: Uitgeverij Querido
- Georgia: ივა ფეზუაშვილი (Iva Pezuashvili), ბუნკერი (A garbage chute), Publisher: ინტელექტი (Intellect)
- Greece: Τάκης Καμπύλης (Takis Kampylis), Γενικά Συμπτώματα (Generla Symptoms), Publisher: ΚΑΣΤΑΝΙΩΤΗΣ (Kastaniotis)
- Ireland: Tadhg Mac Dhonnagain, Madame Lazare, Publisher: Futa Fata • Italy: Daniele Mencarelli, Sempre tornare (Always return), Publisher: Mondadori
- Lithuania: Tomas Vaiseta, Ch., Publisher: Baltos lankos
- North Macedonia: Владимир Јанковски (Vladimir Jankovski), Скриени желби, немирни патувања (Hidden Desires, Restless Travels), Publisher: Антолог (Anthology)
- Norway: Kjersti Anfinnsen, Øyeblikk for evigheten (Moments for eternity), Publisher: Kolon forlag
- Romania: Raluca Nagy, Teo de la 16 la 18 (Cléo from 5 to 7), Publisher: Nemira
- Slovakia: Richard Pupala, Ženy aj muži, zvieratá (Women and men, animals), Publisher: Lindeni
- Spain: Jacobo Bergareche, Los días perfectos (Perfect days), Publisher: Libros del Asteroide
- Ukraine: Євгенія Кузнєцова (Eugenia Kuznetsova), Спитайте Мієчку (Ask Miyechka), Publisher: Видавництво Старого Лева (Old Lion Publishing House)
The 2022 winner of the European Union Prize for Literature will be announced on 21 April, during the opening ceremony at the Paris Book Fair.
All nominated authors are promoted across Europe, with the aim of reaching a wider international audience, and connecting with readers beyond their national and linguistic borders.
Objectives and organization of the prize
The European Union Prize for Literature is an annual initiative to recognise the best European emerging authors and celebrate the linguistic diversity and excellence of literature in countries participating in the Creative Europe programme.
The prize is organised by a consortium consisting of the Federation of European Publishers (FEP) and the International and European Booksellers Federation (EIBF) with the support of the Creative Europe programme.