3 Winners announced under the European Heritage Days’ grant to European Heritage Label
The European Commission, together with the Council of Europe, announced the winners of the Call for Applications for the Support of European Heritage Label projects.
In 2021, European Heritage Label sites were invited to implement short-term projects refreshing their vision of Europe’s heritage through cooperation and cross-border projects. All this under the European Heritage Days joint action co-organised by the European Union and the Council of Europe.
These are the winners
- Fondazione Trentina Alcide De Gasperi in Italy for its project “Visions of Europe. Following in the footsteps of the European Union's founding fathers and mothers”.
- Stichting Herinneringscentrum Kamp Westerbork in The Netherlands for its project “Camp Westerbork Remembered” (De Herinnering aan kamp Westerbork).
- Ostia antica, Parco archeologico di Ostia antica in Italy for its project “Public Archaeology in Ostia antica”.
Objectives of the calls
As part of the European Framework for Action on Cultural Heritage, adopted in December 2018, and with the aim of promoting synergies with European Heritage Days programme, the call provides up to €14 500 to short-term projects, especially cross cooperation projects focusing on digital transformation, sustainable cultural tourism, or promoting capacity building of the sites particularly in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic’s recovery.
The main objectives of the Call to European Heritage Label sites under the European Heritage Days are
- encouraging people, in particular young people, to engage with Europe’s cultural heritage and to reinforce a sense of belonging to the European common space
- identifying and promoting communities working with heritage in line with European values and with a long-term perspective of collaboration
- providing additional funding to European Heritage Label sites to support the development of their European Heritage Label project
- motivating and encouraging European Heritage Label sites to participate in the European Heritage Days
The European Heritage Days (EHD) are the most widely celebrated participatory cultural events shared by people living in Europe. With up to 70 000 events organized every year in the 50 European States signatory to the European Cultural Convention and attracting up to 30 million visitors.
Find out more on the European Heritage Days
The European Heritage Label aims to raise awareness of sites that have played a significant role in the history, culture and development of the European Union, as well as to highlight their European dimension through information and educational activities