The second call for residency hosts under the Culture Moves Europe mobility scheme opened on 16 October 2023. The call provides grants to organisations and individual artists registered as legal entities in one of the 40 Creative Europe countries, that want to host international artists and cultural professionals for a residency project.
Applicants should send their proposals with details about the duration, objectives, and expected impact of their residency project. They are required to provide a suitable environment, equipment, and a mentor for the invited artists. This ensures that the participants have good conditions to implement their projects.
The residency action targets hosts working in
- cultural heritage
- design and fashion design
- performing arts
- visual arts
The application process is divided in two phases:
- Selection of hosts
- Confirmation of the invited artists, creators and cultural professionals selected by hosts
To be able to apply, you must
- be a representative of an organisation or a person registered as a legal entity
- organise activities connected to at least one of the sectors listed above
- regularly organise artistic and cultural activities or/and have the capacity (i.e facility, services, staff and mentoring) to implement an artistic and cultural residency project
- invite at least 1 and a maximum of 5 artists or cultural professionals, to take part in the residency project, who legally reside in at least one other Creative Europe country
The project must last a minimum of 22 days and a maximum of 300 days.
Hosted individuals should all be part of the residency project at the same time and for the same duration.
The residency project and stay of the individuals must be uninterrupted.
For the full list of eligibility criteria, see the call documentation, available on the call page, linked below.
When to apply
16 October 2023 - 16 January 2024, 23.59:59 CET (Central European Time).
You will first need to create an account on the Goethe-Application Portal.
If your residency project is selected, you will be notified early March 2024, through the Goethe-Application Portal, and be invited to proceed with the selection of artists participating in your project.
Selected hosts will have one year starting from the date of signature of their grant agreement to complete their project.
Extra inclusivity and sustainability support
Accessibility and inclusivity are at the heart of Culture Moves Europe.
Special financial support is offered to participants living with disabilities and those having children below the age of 10.
There is also special support for those travelling to and from overseas countries and territories as well as the outermost regions of the EU.
Culture Moves Europe is equally committed to operating in a sustainable and environmentally responsible way and the applicants are invited to include those aspects in their residency projects. Participating artists and cultural professionals are encouraged to use more sustainable means of transportation. Those who select not to travel by plane will receive an additional amount to compensate higher costs of green travel.