Apply now: new Culture Moves Europe call for residency hosts
Cultural organisations regularly organising artistic and creative activities or/and those that have the capacity to implement an international artistic and cultural residency project may apply.
The first call for residency hosts under the Culture Moves Europe mobility scheme opens on 15 March. The call provides financial support to organisations and individual artists registered as legal entity that want to host international artists and cultural professionals for a residency project.
The residency action targets hosts working in the following sectors:
- cultural heritage
- design and fashion design
- literary translation
- performing arts
- visual arts
The application process is divided in two phases:
- the selection of hosts
- the confirmation of the invited artists, creators and cultural professionals selected by hosts
To be able to apply, you must
- be a representative of an organisation or a person registered as a legal entity
- organise activities connected to at least one of the listed sectors above
- regularly organise artistic and cultural activities or/and have the capacity (i.e facility, services, staff and mentoring) to implement an artistic and cultural residency project
- invite at least 1 and a maximum of 5 artists or cultural professionals, to take part in the residency project, who legally reside in at least one other Creative Europe country
The project must last a minimum of 22 days and a maximum of 300 days.
Hosted individuals should all be part of the residency project at the same time and for the same duration.
The residency project and stay of the individuals must be uninterrupted.
Each hosted individual must be present at the host’s premises and must work on his/her residency project a minimum of 70% of their time.
For the full list of eligibility criteria, see the call documentation, available on the call page, linked below.
Timeline of the application process
This first call for residency hosts is open from 15 March 2023 until 15 June 2023, 23.59 CET (Central European Time).
To fill in the online application form, applicants must first create an account on the Goethe-Application Portal.
The applicants whose residency project have been selected will be informed at the end of July 2023 by Goethe-Institute, the organisation in charge of Culture Moves Europe and they will be invited to proceed with the selection of artists participating to their projects.
Selected hosts will have one year starting from the date of signature of their grant agreement to complete their project.
Inclusion and Sustainability
Culture Moves Europe will grant special support to people living with disabilities and those taking care of children. It will also provide special support to those travelling to and from overseas countries and territories as well as the outermost regions of the EU. The call for residency hosts aims at maintaining gender and geographical balance among its grantees.
Culture Moves Europe is equally committed to operate in a sustainable and environmentally responsible way.
This new action is part of the 2021-2027 Creative Europe programme.