GALAŢI (ROMANIA), 1896
Danube is a historical building in Galaţi, Romania, purpose-built to serve as the headquarters of the European Commission of the Danube (ECD). The institution was established after the 1856 Peace Congress of Paris to regulate the navigation regime on the river system. The ECD eventually developed into a more complex organisation. This site was the headquarters of a significant international organisation that contributed to increasing the European integrity and to establish a peaceful development of Europe.